Friday, November 20, 2009

Robinson Crusoe in Faith

Cyndi's Friday Faith Fact:

1 Timothy 1:15-19 (NIV) 15Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. 17Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.18Timothy, my son, I give you this instruction in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by following them you may fight the good fight, 19holding on to faith and a good conscience. Some have rejected these and so have shipwrecked their faith.

Paul wrote this. Paul was the man who was originally pursuing Christ-followers and having them killed until he met Jesus on the road to Damascus. Paul was forever changed by meeting Jesus. Many of us have had this experience. We met Jesus and were changed. The words that really stuck out to me in this passage, today, were from verse 19. Are you doing what you can to "hold on to faith"... I challenge you (and myself) today to make sure our own actions (or lack thereof) do not lend to the "shipwrecking" of our faith! What are you listening to? Read God's word... Fellowship with other believers... and talk to God! He will exceed all your expectations!

No comments:

Post a Comment